One of the CLEAR alternatives to traditional metal brackets and wires is called aligner therapy, such as the Invisalign orthodontic system, to which Dr. Kumar holds Certifications I and II. Not only does Dr. Kumar use Invisalign on our diverse clientele, he has also treated professionals in the medical and dental field who have been exceedingly satisfied with their enhanced smiles as well as models who make a living by posing in front of the camera.
Some of the advantages that Invisalign has over conventional orthodontics are:
- Removable for important events such as a meeting or date
- A high degree of aesthetics in a discreet treatment system
- Convenient maintenance of oral health through unobstructed brushing and flossing
- Decreased risk of white spots on teeth (early cavities) and tooth decay
- Decreased risk of the development of gum disease during treatment
- Decreased muscle soreness associated with orthodontic treatment
- Ability to correct cross-bite
- Increased comfort to cheeks and lips due to the contour of clear plastic aligners
- Ability to eat all types of foods during treatment
- Ability to undergo teeth whitening treatment simultaneously, as the aligner tray can be used as a whitening tray
Both of these orthodontic systems address those teeth that are visible in the smile, effectively correcting teeth that are overlapped, crowded together, or spaced too far apart. See how one of our innovative teeth straightening treatment programs can benefit your smile by calling our office to arrange your FREE consultation.