3D Digital x-rays
The i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System provides unparalleled technology that produces optimally accurate results in a cost-effective manner. Dr. Kumar is happy to provide his patients with the results they seek through sophisticated diagnostic imaging that aids in the completion of surgical procedures. i-CAT imaging enables us to collect the most accurate data in regards to TMJ analysis, dental implant treatment, oral and maxillofacial defects, tooth impactions, and a variety of other concerns. No longer are you in the hands of dentists who have to guess at your anatomical structures. With Dr. Kumar at Smile More Today, there is no guesswork involved in treatment planning.
Patients of our Vernon Hills office love the i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Dental Imaging System because the imaging takes place in an open environment in which they are comfortably seated upright. Not only is i-CAT more convenient that conventional CT imaging, but it is also safer, emitting a significantly lower amount of radiation than most machines.
The i-CAT Enhances the Way Dentists See Their Patients
– With the accuracy and completeness obtained through i-CAT imaging, we are highly familiar with the bone and pathology that exists in the oral anatomy of the individual patient. This familiarity leads to minimally traumatic surgery and predictable outcomes.
– There is perhaps no better way to plan and prepare for surgery than with a real-life guide of the patient's anatomy, which is gained with i-CAT images.
– The anatomical accuracy of the 3D images produced by i-CAT technology lead to the highest degree of precision in treatment planning and therefore more successful surgical outcomes.
– The scanning process with i-CAT takes only 8.9 seconds and takes place in an open environment. The images captured are transferred directly to the dentist's computer, where diagnosis and treatment planning can take place.
i-CAT Benefits for the Patient
Surgical Predictability: 3D Data For
- The utmost in predictability in surgical planning, which in turn improves the outcome of surgical procedures
- Radiation exposure is ten times less than conventional CT imaging
- 3-dimensional, anatomically accurate images of the jaw, mouth, and face are acquired in under 9 seconds
- Patients feel comfortable in the scan's open environment
- More cost-effective than conventional CT imaging
- Surgical procedures are more quickly completed
- The i-CAT is available to patients in our Vernon Hills office to avoid hospital visits and multiple appointments
- Virtual diagnosis and recommended treatment plan are ready for review within the same office visit as scanning
- Surgical planning for dental implant insertion
- Extraction of third molars
- Extraction of impacted teeth
- Airway Assessments
A SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT IN DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT
Right in the Office
Patients of Dr. Kumar's Vernon Hills practice can receive the extensive benefits that come from advanced 3D imaging. Because images can be reviewed on a high-quality computer screen in our treatment room, our patients gain an accurate view of their oral anatomy and an understanding of the proposed treatment plant. This can all take place in one convenient office visit. No longer are patients required to visit multiple offices for imaging, diagnosis, and treatment. Incorporating the latest technology, we achieve convenience and an optimal outcome for each patient.
3 Dimensional Imaging
Successful treatment comes from identification of the problem with the highest amount of accuracy. With the 3D, volumetric images that come from i-CAT technology, this is exactly what we get: a view of the entire oral and maxillofacial structure together in one, 3-dimensional shot. Using this advanced imaging, Dr. Kumar is able to pinpoint an accurate diagnosis and, importantly, plan the specific treatment that is needed for improved oral health and integrity. The degree of precision achieved with 3D imaging simply isn't possible with traditional 2-dimensional images. The true volumetric data collected with i-CAT 3D imaging allows the dentist to evaluate every aspect of the facial anatomy without distortion. Thanks to one-to-one measurements, the chance of magnification error is zero. We are proud to offer iCAT imaging in our Vernon Hills practice.
Standard of Care
The more informed patients have become, the more they have demanded a higher standard of care. We completely agree that change has been needed. Dr. Kumar is proud to use technology that allows him to identify the proximity of vital structures to teeth and to one another and to see the positioning of various teeth clearly. With i-CAT, we can see everything from teeth to the walls of the maxillary sinus, nerve bundles, cortical borders, and the nasal cavity.
Impacted Teeth in 3 Dimensions
The use of the i-CAT Scan benefits patients evaluated for impacted teeth due to the precision with which these "hidden" teeth can be located beneath the gums. Locating teeth with 3-dimensional, volumetric data leads to greater precision in the surgical procedure and an expedited surgery time. Knowing exactly where teeth are located, the dentist reaches them quickly and without much trauma to tissues, facilitating a more comfortable recovery.
I-CAT also shows the teeth in question in relation to important surrounding structures, including the maxillary sinus, nasal cavity, and the inferior alveolar nerve. Accurately seeing all imposing structures allows the dentist to perform tooth removal with minimal risk. All kinds of dentoalveolar procedures can benefit from the inclusion of this technology.
Orthodontic applications are numerous. From finding and defining the exact location of impacted and supernumerary teeth to full facial skeleton reconstruction, the applications of this technology to help orthodontists is limitless. We work locally with specialists to develop the best treatment options for you.
The Ultimate in Implant Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
Treatment planning is key to minimally invasive procedures and optimal outcomes. Because the greatest amount of information is gathered through i-CAT imaging, it makes sense to incorporate this technology into the process of diagnosis and treatment planning. This advanced imaging is widely regarded as the ultimate diagnostic tool for tooth replacement with dental implants. We are happy to serve the needs of our patients in the utmost manner using this innovative technology that allows us to customize treatment right down to drill guides.
Through i-CAT, we identify and measure both bone morphology and vital structures in the proposed implant sites with no amount of distortion in the 3-dimensional imaging. In the comfort of our Vernon Hills office, this technology optimizes our ability to plan for implant treatment through the visualization of various aspects of the oral anatomy, including opposing dentition. i-CAT scan imaging improves the process and the outcomes of dental implant treatment.