A dental implant is a miniature screw crafted of a biocompatible titanium metal alloy. In a brief surgical procedure, the implant is inserted through the gum and into the jawbone at the site of a missing tooth. With the aid of digital imagery and computer guided surgery, placement can be precisely planned in advance of the appointment. There are no surprises – placement is predictable and has an extremely high success rate.
Dentures and crown-and-bridge units are sound, conventional dentistry for missing teeth. But they sit on top of gum tissue. They lack the stability and longevity of a dental implant, and cleaning can become a challenge.
The jawbone, however, fuses securely with the dental implant over the course of several months. (Don't worry – the small incision in the gum heals in just a few days following implantation.) This forms a rock-solid base for an abutment, a post inserted into the implant. The abutment holds a beautiful, natural-looking porcelain crown for a restoration that reinstates appearance, chewing function, and ability to speak clearly.
A single missing tooth may be replaced with a dental implant, or many – even a whole arch or entire mouth. With just your good home oral hygiene and regular dental visits, a dental implant can be a lifetime restoration. Because the implant is in the jawbone, it provides natural stimulation each time you bite down, maintaining bone density for a healthy mouth and more youthful appearance.
The Smile More Today dental team also offers the option of immediate (same day) implants. In just one visit, a dental implant may be inserted into the socket of an extracted tooth and topped with a crown.
Our All-on-4 and All-on-6 technology allows endentulous patients to enjoy amazing denture stability with just a few dental implants. The denture fits over the implants, and it is anchored securely in place. It can't slip or pop out when speaking, and chewing function and comfort are dramatically improved.
Call Smile More Today Dental Wellness Center and schedule a consultation with Dr. Kumar. You'll be in the loop about dental implants – dentistry that has residents of The Loop smiling brightly.
- Dentist 60061 - Dentist in 60061 are offers compassionate care for your various dental needs
- Dentist in Vernon Hills, IL - Are you seeking a smile makeover by a dentist in Vernon Hills, IL?
- Cosmetic Dentist in Vernon Hills, IL - Teeth straightening options offered by cosmetic dentist in Vernon Hills, IL
- Implant Dentist in Vernon Hills, IL - Options available for restoring smiles through implant dentist in Vernon Hills, IL
- Dentist Downtown Vernon Hills - General care and straightening from a Dentist in downtown Vernon Hills
- Dentist The Loop Vernon Hills - Are you in the loop about Implant Dentistry in Vernon Hills?
Back to Home Page